2010年7月7日星期三

{Reprint}Mini roses from dollar store crepe paper streamers

Mini roses from dollar store crepe paper streamers
Gonna show you how to make these, because there's still enough time before Valentine's day, and also Heather from Dollar Store Crafts is having a link party and all you need to make these is crepe paper streamers that the Dollar Store sells in packs of two. No glue, no tape, none of that nonsense, just crepe paper and opposable thumbs.


When I was about ten years old, we had our village's first summer festival, where one girl from the local primary school got to be the carnival queen. I didn't go up to audition for the role, because I'm kind of phobic of that sort of thing, in fact there were only a handful of girls in our school that were the right age to apply. My classmate Nyree won the job and her family set about preparing costumes and decorations for the event. She was going to be driven down the highstreet on the bonnet of a car in a hunormous dress. We decorated the car ALL OVER with roses that all the girls spent hours twisting out of lengths of white and pink bog roll! Fantastic! I wish I had a photo to show you!

I thought it would be cool to try and make those roses again, but this time with dollar store crepe paper, so that I could also do stems and leaves and hopefully manage the whole thing without any need for glue or fiddling about cutting shapes like most paper flowers require.

At the Dollar Tree by us, you can get two rolls of crepe paper streamers in a bag for, you guessed it, a dollar. I picked up red, white, pink, yellow and green. Those seemed like rose kinda colours.

Here are some pics of the roses that I made.






I thought about doing a photo tutorial for this, but it wouldn't be as straightforward as if I just shot a video of me making one for you. Unfortunately as video tutorials go, this one is a little chaotic. It's full of five year old, and narrated by croaky the frogwoman (I lost my voice over the weekend) Anywhoo, once you get past being bossed around by my older daughter (who clearly is better suited to giving tutorials than I am) and can deal with the fact that my three year old announces an ant infiltration of our kitchen in the middle of it, hopefully you'll be able to see how I make these roses. They are easy and quick and really cute. Here tis...

Video address:
rtsp://v8.cache3.googlevideo.com/ChoLENy73wIaEQlVIXeuFm-zAhMYDSANFEgDDA==/0/0/0/video.3gp


Just for Heather, here's a pic of some in a Dollar Store salt shaker ;) They really are quite teeny. I wonder if you can get wider crepe paper streamers from anywhere to make full size roses.


Also, they are a really good way of recycling torn up wrapping paper. A ripped strip of wrapping paper can be twisted into a rose really quickly and used to decorate another gift.

So go have a peek at the other links in Heather's DSC link party, because Heather is lovely, and DSC is a happy place of makey fun! Hope you enjoy making some crepe paper roses. My kids like to hoard them in their play kitchen :)








没有评论:

发表评论

Stock sale of gift wrap paper, party napkins and paper plates

 Stock sale of gift wrap paper, party napkins and paper plates We have the spot supply of various gift wrap paper, Party napkins and paper t...